Tuesday 25 December 2018

How tiring is to wait for official guest at the arrivals in port and he is not showing up even after an hour having landed. Especially when one is awake of the whole night and it's almost dawn moment. Ice on the cake I was not solitary looker there. It was a couple of enormous queues who were anxiously looking forward to hugging their belongings.

My slumbering eyes kept gaping at an old man embracing his offspring so tightly with beautiful whispers and endless un-dropped tears. He had just received his universe a while ago there. My mind and heart got started to forget my tired body and sleepless fatigued mind. How true the feeling was! How could it be exclaimed? How unprecedentedly  it all happened, I could just easily get up to the highest feeling of affection from a father's side for his world (son and daughter). How lucky I was to enjoy the moment among rest of all who had missed the drop of tear that shaded from his old aged man.

All of a sudden the door of my life before Nov 2014 swung open and he appeared right there in front of me with an honest smile complaining why I was out of home the whole night to just receive a guest without taking permission from him. It seemed I just went closer to shelter and embraced him sobbing and murmuring where he had been for years without any notifications-no calls, no miss calls, no shouts, no scolds, no restrictions, no no no ... everything had been just no.

Having rubbed my wet eyes which just went on following that man and his boy and baby until they got vanished.

 All was okay except for a thought I had a hero in my life and I call him dad. Yes my dad, a true guide, teacher, helper, friend, motivation and life's engine.

Had I known he would betray me and leave me in the lurch forever, I would never have lost the opportunity to put his feet over my head, to be slapped by him more and more, to be scolded and advised by him to be courageous, bold, struggler and brave like him. I would definitely have kissed his feet to make him feel "See dad, you are my true world, you are everything for me and I cannot afford you to let your shadow go because I am lonely under the world's scorching beams."

 Someone from Germany suddenly appeared and motioned me that she had recognized the play card where it was written, "Welcome to CEJ IBA Karachi." Eventually I just had to get back and forget what it all happened. Yet again now, that moment compelled me to jot down my words in here. Maybe some reads or not but heart is relaxed and no  more pain is there to be healed. How tricky it is to let pain stay away by writing it on paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment